My last period was 8/24 (going on 2 months without a period). I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests (HPT), which both came out negative. The only change I’ve noticed is I have trouble pooping and the last 2 days I have felt like my period is coming, but still nothing. I’ve also had some bloating. My husband and I use the pull out method and often have sex. I have 1 child who is a year old and with him I did not have many pregnancy symptoms of which one was that I had trouble pooping and I had 2 missed periods. I found out at 8 weeks pregnant with him using the HPT test. Is it possible I’m pregnant? I am confused!
Two negative sensitive urine pregnancy tests is fairly good evidence that you are NOT pregnant now.
Assuming that you do NOT hope to become pregnant now (is that the case?) I would suggest that you do two things:
1. Continue using withdrawal carefully.
2. Repeat a pregnancy test in a week or two. If the test is still negative and you still have not had a period, go see your doctor for a pelvic exam at which time your uterus will be enlarged.
In the meantime:
If there is any possibility that you are NOW pregnant and that you would carry your pregnancy to term, several recommendations:
- Stop drinking at all if you drink alcoholic beverages.
- Go to a pharmacy and get prenatal vitamins, the most important of which is folic acid (folate).
- Stop smoking at all, if you are smoking.
- Eat healthy foods…you will be eating for two people.
- Use condoms if at any risk for an infection.
Her reply on 10-19: “Thank you! I would not mind if I was pregnant, it’s always a blessing. We had a time getting pregnant the first time. I plan on taking a test today, since today would make me 8 weeks, if I am pregnant.
Thank you for the advice!
To learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of withdrawal and all available contraceptive methods, go to our website: www.managingcontraception.com and click on Choices. You can also order this wonderful new educational book from our website or by calling 404-875-5001. Do you have your copy yet?
Key Words: missed periods, home pregnancy test, negative, pooping, late, bloating, sex, withdrawal method, symptoms, evidence, repeat, exam, uterus, enlarged, alcoholic beverages, prenatal vitamins, folic acid, smoking, condoms